The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, also known as Pinhole Gum RejuvenationTM, was invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S.
It is a scalpel-free, suture-free, graft-free, minimally invasive procedure for correcting gum recession and saving teeth.
Through a small hole made by a needle, specially designed instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receded part of the tooth.
Since there is no cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Patients are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
Most patients are able to resume light normal activities within 24-48 hours after treatment. (excluding working out and strenuous activities)
Conventional Gum Grafting vs Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation
Top 10 Benefits of the Pinhole® procedure:
- Can correct gum recession in as little as 1 treatment session.
- Minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel-free, suture-free and graft-free.
- Long term results per the International Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry. (October 2012)
- The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases.
- Only 2 over-the-counter pain pills required after treatment on average per the study in the Int. Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry. (October 2012)
- Can prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures such as implants or dentures.
- Treatment sessions can be completed in as little as 1-2 hours in many cases.
- Can enhance a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Patients often describe feeling happier due to being able to smile without the shame or guilt associated with ugly receded gums.
- Most patients are back to normal light activities within 24-48 hours post procedure.
The Pinhole® Surgical Technique is internationally acclaimed.
The unique features of the Pinhole® Surgical Technique have aroused international interest on the part of the media.
Over 240 TV stations around the world have featured this revolutionary, minimally invasive technique for treating a problem that is found in half of the U.S. population (JADA, 2003).
The Pinhole® Surgical Technique has been featured on “The Doctors Show”, “Dr. Steve Show”, “ABC”, “NBC”, and over 240 other stations across the U.S. and Canada, reaching 10’s of millions of viewers, and thus making Pinhole® Surgical Technique a household term.
For this reason, you may have already heard about this “breakthrough procedure” for correcting receding gums and saving teeth.
The Pinhole® Surgical Technique was granted patents and trademarks on the method and instruments by the U.S. Patent and Trademark office.